Monday, December 28, 2009

Under Cover

I have never been in such an uncertain time as this in my life. I have been working since I was 15 years old, and have always been the type to work hard to accomplish things in my life. I graduated from college in May of this year, and I am unemployed. At first, I was so focused on finding any job that I barely slept. Everyday from sun up to sun down, I was applying for jobs online; directly to companies, and through various job search databases and websites; and still no job.

It got me down and I began to doubt my abilities and self worth. But then I began to study the Bible, and it brought me to reevaluate some things in my life. In the midst of trying to do what I wanted to do and what I thought I should be doing, I lost sight on what God wanted me to do. I was not focused and I was all over the place because I let the anxiety of not having a job overwhelm me. I didn’t have peace.

This time has definitely been a time of transition in my life.
I had been putting my life on track for the things of the world. I wanted a job so that I could live a lifestyle that I wanted to live. I wasn’t trying to live my life for the glorification of God. I got this revelation as I began to study the Bible.

Colossians 3:1-2
(NIV) “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”


If you set your mind on worldly things, you will get worldly rewards, which are strife and iniquities. But if you set your mind on things that are above the earth, God, then you will get heavenly rewards, which are peace, love, and abundant life.

Do not let yourself get caught up in the matters of the physical world. Because we know that all things work out for your good through Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:28-29 (NIV) “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”


Wait on the Lord and be patient. I know it may not seem like the easiest thing to do, but remind yourself that God is the maker of all things, and if your with Him, and you put your faith and trust in Him, you will never loose. The world will always fail you. During the times of uncertainty, everyday praise God and give Him glory.


Psalms 37:18-19 (NIV) “The days of the blameless are known to the Lord, and their inheritance will endure forever. In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.”


Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”


I am still unemployed, but I have started back writing, which is something I love to do, and why not do it to encourage people and to glorify God. I started back writing this blog because I wanted to share the messages that God has given me. I am encouraging you to stay focused on God in whatever you may be going through, and know that in God, through Christ Jesus, you are always victorious.

Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, focus on what you do have. Stay prayerful and start speaking things be not as though they were. Seek God and his righteousness will be accredited to you. Wait on Him, and He will answer your prayers.

I have linked the bible verses to Biblegateway.com so can study these scriptures. All of the scriptures came from the New International Version of the Bible. I would appreciate if you became a follower of my blog and tweets at twitter.com/SavvyWord, and would love for your comments and post. Thank you.

No comments: